Once again, filled with lots of information on what’s happening in our area. Don’t forget, you can get this Newsletter and email update in your in box and vote at meetings by becoming a member of the CCCA for $10 annually. Local businesses may become Associate Members without a vote.
May 18th Meeting and More Issues than Normal
- On May 18th at 7:00, we will have a presentation by the County on Transportation. We will also have
an in-person report from an Amazon representative on their HQ2. Lastly we will have a short
presentation by Dweck on their new buildings. Join us in person at 251 18th St S or register in
advance for this meeting.
- Last week the County Board approved the Helix, three office buildings and the rest of the
development for Amazon at PenPlace. Besides my comments before the County Board, NBC4
- The County is developing a new graphics tool for all things construction/development. There will be
a meeting on Monday May 16th at 7:00. This should be a good tool for all residents.
- The bringing down of Route 1 has generated several alternatives for 18th Street. VDOT made a
presentation on Thursday and we will be having a meeting on the various choices.
- The County is proposing to change the way Storm-Water is going to be billed to residents.
Switching to a Storm-Water Utility will mean Crystal City Property Owners will see net bills will fall and
single-family owners will see an increase, but the method of payment will change.
- The Civic Federation is proposing numerous changes to the County Government Structure. For
example, one recommendation is to increase the number of County Board Members from 5 to 7.
Eric Cassel, CCCA President