A few things you’ll find highlighted in this month’s CCCA Newsletter:
1. October 1: Residents may sit in on the joint Arlington County/Alexandria Work session tonightat 7:30 at Gunston. Meeting notice is here – and details are here. Let’s hear what they are proposing and show them that 22202 cares.
2. October 5: Second payment of Arlington County Property taxes due.
3. October 8 and 15: The BID is holding an Open House Tuesday, October 8 and 15, from 6 pm to 7:30 pm, to celebrate expansion of its coverage to Pentagon City and Potomac Yard/Arlington. It will include opportunities to meet and discuss the expansion with BID staff and to learn more about how this strategic move affects our area’s priorities and brand story. Location: Main Floor Conference Center, 251 18th Street South, Arlington, Virginia. Please RSVP for this free event.
4. October 14: SPRC on MetPark at Aurora Hills Community Center.
5. November 5: General Elections.
Residents have until October 15 to register to vote, and can check their registration status online. Offices on the ballot in Arlington will be Senate of Virginia (30th, 31st, and 32nd Districts), Virginia House of Delegates (45th, 47th, 48th, and 49th Districts), Commonwealth’s Attorney, Sheriff, Commissioner of Revenue, Treasurer, two County Board seats, and School Board. You will only have 1 Senate and 1 House District that is determined by where you live. All Arlington voters will have the remaining offices. To see a sample ballot, log on to the Citizen Portal at the Department of Elections
6. November 13: Our November 13 CCCA meeting will be organized around development updates for Crystal City, with representatives from JBG Smith and our Crystal City County Planner Matt Matauszek (who will talk on the SPRC process). We will have brief elections for four offices at the beginning of the meeting: President, Secretary, Membership Liaison, and Communications Director. In addition, BID President Tracy Gabriel will give a brief explanation of the BID’s expansion to Pentagon City and Potomac Yard/Arlington. Details will be issued to members in October.