1. Election of Officers: Welcome to our new (and returning) officers. The following were elected by acclamation poll for a two-year term:
- Vice President for Policy and Planning: Christopher Wimbush
- Treasurer: Eric Cassel
- Membership Liaison: Emily Norton
- Communications Director: Idris Clay
2. Public Community Meeting on the Water Park: JBG Smith has submitted a site plan amendment to make changes to the Crystal City Water Park, as we have posted previously. At our request, they are holding a virtual public community meeting December 2 from 6-7 pm to show their revised plans and get feedback from the community. JBG and Equity Realty own the park, but it is also one of the most well-known symbols of Crystal City. So we will want to be informed and let them know what we do and don’t like in their plan. One of the key issues is the proposal to put 8 back-to-back kiosks at the edge of the park with 2 sidewalks on either side–1 between the kiosks and a tree-lined buffer to the street and a larger one open to the park. If the kiosks go in what do you think they should sell: e.g., only food and drink? That’s a JBG decision, but if you have strong feelings or good ideas, be prepared to suggest them. The link to register for the meeting is here: https://jbgsmith.zoom.us/…/WN_JonbM_GATXi-AJBvZw94IA
3. CCCA Plans for 2021: As it looks like we will be staying virtual until at least the summer of 2021, the Executive Committee is starting to plan for bimonthly meetings on a series of topics that could include, among others: updates on the airport Project Journey, the Aquatic Center, and other development issues; Virginia Tech Alexandria project; Arlington County CERT training; police and fire department issues; etc. Please send us your ideas about topics you would like to be covered: [email protected].
4. The VDOT Route 1 Multimodal Feasibility Study: The first Public Engagement Meeting will be held Wednesday, December 16 at 6:30 P.M. See details in Newsletter.