A few things you’ll find highlighted in this month’s CCCA Newsletter:
1. Be sure to come to our Annual General Meeting on November 13 from 7-9 pm. With all that’s going on in Crystal City, with Amazon coming, with the BID changes, you’ll want to come here from the key players.
- Andy Van Horn, Vice President for Development of JBG Smith will return with his team of project managers to show a PowerPoint presentation of current and upcoming plans and construction. It will be very informative and give you a chance to ask questions.
- Tracy Gabriel, President and Executive Director of the Crystal City Business Improvement District (BID) will give a brief explanation and update on the BID’s expansion to Pentagon City and Potomac Yard/Arlington.
- And of course, we’ll have brief elections for new CCCA Officers right at the beginning of the meeting. Officers work hard for you, and we appreciate support.
2. Speaking of Elections. Don’t forget to vote on Tuesday, November 5, from 6 am to 7 pm. Offices on the ballot in Arlington will be Senate of Virginia (30th, 31st, and 32nd Districts), Virginia House of Delegates (45th, 47th, 48th, and 49th Districts), Commonwealth’s Attorney, Sheriff, Commissioner of Revenue, Treasurer, two County Board seats, and School Board. You will only have 1 Senate and 1 House District that is determined by where you live. There are no bond questions or constitutional amendments on the 2019 ballot. Tr to see a sample ballot, check here.
3. Finally the Newsletter this month. You’ll notice that there are no internal links this time. Your faithful editor is finishing an extended stay in Italy and doesn’t have the hours necessary to create them. If folks really want them in the Newsletter in the future, please let us know at [email protected]