Happy Halloween and Good Dia de Muertos!
1. Annual Meeting November 11: Be sure to join us for this important Zoom meeting from 7-9 pm.
1. Elections of 4 CCCA officers for 2 years (see bios in Newsletter)
2. Vote on approval of minor ByLaws Amendment (full text on CCCA website)
3. Updates on Development Projects in Crystal City (JBG’s Andy VanHorn will jointly present)
4. Updates on Livability 22202 Working Groups
Register in advance for this meeting:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
2. Elections Nov. 3: If you plan to vote in person on Election Day, November 3, you will need to vote in your own precinct – either Crystal City 006 (251 S. 18th Street, the red Wells Fargo Bank building) or Crystal Plaza 050 (inside the Crystal Plaza apartment building. Polls are open 6 am to 7 pm. See details in Newsletteride.
3. SPRC Process for 101 S. 12th Street: Following the September 19 Site Plan Review Committee meeting on JBG’s site plan for 101 S 12th Street, the County Planning Commission will consider the final site plan November 4. It then goes to the County Board for approval Nov 14 or 17. You can view the full staff report for the meeting here. County staff reject community concerns about the extension of Ball Street from 12th to 10th Streets. If residents wish to object to a full street extension of Ball Street, you can find the information on submitting comments, viewing the meeting, and signing up to speak here.
4. AFAC Food Drive: We have teamed up again with FLARE and the National Landing BID, and the Arlington Ridge and Aurora Highlands Civic Associations for another food drive to benefit the Arlington Food Assistance Center! FLARE will be placing donation boxes at 13 locations throughout National Landing from October 31 – November 8. Donations of canned good will be collected and donated on November 9th.