1. National Night Out August 3: The three civic associations in 22202–Arlington Ridge, Aurora Highlands, Crystal City–have joined with the National Landing BID to co-sponsor National Night Out in the Summer House and park at 101 S. 12th Street. National Night Out is a community-police awareness-raising event in the United States, held the first Tuesday of August. It’s a community-building campaign that promotes police-community partnerships and neighborhood camaraderie to make our neighborhoods safer, more caring places to live. National Night Out enhances the relationship between neighbors and law enforcement while bringing back a true sense of community. Furthermore, it provides a great opportunity to bring police and neighbors together under positive circumstances. We will have fire trucks, police cars, food trucks, games, music, and lots of goings on. Thank you to Amazon for sponsoring the refreshments! Although no more vouchers for food are available via the RSVP due to an overwhelming response, you can still visit the park and join the festivities.
2. Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center Opening Soon
Around mid-August the new Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center will open! We’re excited to see everyone return to the water. Once the new center is open, it will become the home for all Arlington County Parks & Recreation aquatics classes and private swim lessons, including the 55+ aquatics programs. There will be an array of aquatics offerings this fall, pending COVID-19 guidelines. Online registration begins at 7 a.m. for gymnastics classes and 7:30 a.m. for all other programs on Aug. 4. View our online registration guide. Also look for the 55+ Guide eNews in August; fall registration will open for 55+ County residents on August 18. For more information, click here. We anticipate being able to provide more aquatic offerings and look forward to utilizing the amazing new space! There are over 200 parking spaces available when you arrive. If you have questions regarding Parks & Recreation 55+ aquatics programs or the Long Bridge Aquatics & Fitness Center, please contact Allison Cheek at [email protected].
Tour of Aquatic Center for 22202 residents
We are coordinating with the Facility Manager a tour of the Aquatic Center on August 18 and 19. Register on Sign Up Genius as tours are limited to 20 people each. If the tours fill up, the County might agree to additional tours the next week.
3. Two deadlines for feedback (see newsletter articles):
- August 15: CC2DCA Project Needs and Purpose Assessment
- August 23: Pentagon City PDSP Study First Draft